Petrol and Diesel Rate Today in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Hyderabad: Petrol and diesel prices were constant on Friday, 2 June across New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Chennai. Petrol rates and diesel rates have been steady over the last twelve months. However, individual cities see fluctuations in their prices everyday. The prices of petrol and diesel change state by state, depending upon various criteria such as Value Added Tax (VAT), freight charges, local taxes, etc.
The last country-wide change in fuel rates was on 21 May last year, when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman slashed excise duty on petrol by Rs 8 per litre and Rs 6 per litre on diesel. Since the cut of excise duty by the central government in May 2022, some states have also reduced VAT prices on fuels, while some have imposed cess on petrol and diesel.
Currently in Delhi, the price of petrol stands at Rs 96.72 per liter, while diesel is being sold at Rs 89.62 per litre. In Mumbai, petrol demands a higher price of Rs 106.31 per liter, with diesel following suit at Rs 94.27 per litre. Meanwhile, in Kolkata, the cost of petrol amounts to Rs 106.31 per liter, with diesel priced at Rs 92.76 per liter. In Chennai, petrol is available at Rs 102.63 per liter, while diesel can be obtained at Rs 94.24 per liter. Here’s a look at fuel prices in other cities:
Petrol, diesel prices in Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Noida, Gurugram
- Bengaluru: Petrol rate: Rs 101.94 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 87.89 per litre
- Chandigarh: Petrol rate: Rs 96.20 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 84.26 per litre
- Chennai: Petrol rate: Rs 102.63 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 94.24 per litre
- Gurugram: Petrol rate: Rs 97.04 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.91 per litre
- Kolkata: Petrol rate: Rs 106.03 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 92.76 per litre
- Lucknow: Petrol rate: Rs 96.57 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.76 per litre
- Mumbai: Petrol rate: Rs 106.31 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 94.27 per litre
- New Delhi: Petrol rate: Rs 96.72 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.62 per litre
- Noida: Petrol rate: Rs 96.65 per litre, Diesel rate: Rs 89.82 per litre
Crude Oil Price Today
Oil prices rose on Friday in early Asian trade as markets weighed the likelihood of price-supportive OPEC+ production cuts over the weekend amid positive sentiment over U.S. monetary policy and Washington’s debt ceiling bill. Brent crude futures rose 13 cents, or 0.18% to $74.41 a barrel by 0115 GMT, while U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude (WTI) rose 15 cents, or 0.21%, to $70.25 a barrel, following two consecutive days of sliding crude prices.
Public sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) including Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) revise their petrol price and diesel price daily in line with international benchmark prices and forex rates. Any changes in petrol price and diesel price are implemented from 6 am every day. Oil Minister Hardeep Singh Puri recently asked OMCs to cut the retail prices of petrol and diesel if the crude oil prices in the international market come down and also if OMCs under recovery come down.